How to Do an After-Interview Letter
- 1). Express your gratitude to the company and the interviewer. It is appropriate to thank the interviewer for her time and interest in you.
- 2). Compliment the interviewer and the company if appropriate. Mention specifically why you were impressed with the facility or the interviewer.
- 3). Tell the interviewer that you are still interested in the position and explain why. Express your excitement about specific aspects of the job.
- 4). Recap why you are a good fit for the position. Mention your education, experience and qualifications, even if you discussed these in your interview.
- 5). Include any additional information or documentation the interviewer requested during the interview. Be thorough. This is your second chance to make a good impression.
- 6). Proofread your letter, and correct grammatical, spelling and structural errors. Also, have someone else proofread the letter if possible.