Arrow Rivet Tool Instructions
- 1). Inspect the material that the rivets will be installed in to determine its thickness. Measure if necessary and record the measurements so the grip range of the rivet is large enough.
- 2). Select the proper size diameter rivet and grip range. The diameters can be either 1/8-inch, 5/32-inch or 3/16-inch and the grip range can be 1/8-inch, 1/4-inch or 1/2-inch. Compare the measurement of what the rivet is being installed to and use the proper size grip range.
- 3). Select the proper drill bit and attach it to a power drill. Mark the exact spot where the first rivet will be installed and drill through that spot. Mark all the other spots and drill through those in the same manner.
- 4). Insert the smaller end of the rivet into the nosepiece on the rivet gun and line the rivet up to the first hole that was drilled. Squeeze the handle of the rivet to pull and cut off any excess rivet that may remain.
- 5). Pull the rivet gun away from the first hole and turn it upside down so the excess can fall out. Insert another rivet into the same spot and repeat the procedure for the next hole. Continue until all of the desired rivets have been installed.