How to Import Shared Files to Playlists in iTunes
- 1). Download and install the most recent version of iTunes. Click the "Start" button, select "All Programs" and click on "iTunes."
- 2). Click on the "Store" tab and select "Authorize Computer." An authorization window will appear on the screen. Enter your Apple ID and password, and click the "Authorize" button.
- 3). Click on the "Advanced" tab and select the "Turn on Home Sharing" option. After the Home Sharing page appears in the program screen, enter your iTunes account user name and password. Click the "Create Home Share" button to continue.
- 4). Repeat these steps for each computer in your shared network.
- 5). Click on a shared music library in the accounts listed in the "Shared" pane. The songs in that specific library will appear on the screen.
- 6). Click to select the tracks you want to import to your library. Press and hold the "Ctrl" button on your keyboard while clicking to select multiple tracks.
- 7). Click the "Import" button, which is located at the bottom of the screen. This will import the shared songs into your personal iTunes library.
- 8). Click on the "File" tab and select "New Playlist." Your new playlist will appear as "Untitled playlist" in the iTunes "Playlist" pane. Rename your new playlist.