How to Clear Codes From a Jeep Grand Cherokee
- 1). Pop the hood on the Jeep Grand Cherokee by lifting the lever under the dashboard.
- 2). Release the lever under the front of the hood, and lift up the hood.
- 3). Locate the battery. It will be on the passenger's side, directly behind the headlight.
- 4). Place an adjustable wrench around the bolt that is securing the negative battery clamp.
- 5). Adjust the wrench until it fits tightly around the bolt.
- 6). Loosen the negative battery clamp, and remove it.
- 7). Hold the negative battery clamp away from the battery and wait one minute.
- 8). Place the negative battery clamp back onto the negative battery terminal.
- 9). Tighten the clamp until it is securely on the negative battery terminal again.
Start the Grand Cherokee.
Verify that the "Check Engine" light no longer is on.