How to Tie an Albright Knot
- 1). Take one piece of string and hold it in your left hand. Form a loop at the end. Pick up the other string with the right hand. Feed it up through the loop. Next, begin to wrap it around the loop.
- 2). Wrap the string around the loop about 5 or 6 times. Work toward the left and take care not to keep wrapping past the tail of the loop.
- 3). Now, work in the opposite direction. Work toward the right and go back over the first wraps. Make the same amount of wraps as you did the first time.
- 4). Feed the end of the wrapping string down through the loop when you are done wrapping. The string should lie right next to its other end.
- 5). Pull gently on all four strands of string. This will tighten up the knot a bit. Do not pull it taut yet. Just tug lightly.
- 6). Next, drop the shorter of the two pieces on each end. Pull the longer pieces tight to finish the knot.
- 7). Trim the shorter ends if you wish.