Call of Duty 3 Online Cheats
- "Call of Duty 3" is a realistic and historic first-person shooter.military mannequin # 3 image by Kevin Chesson from Fotolia.com
"Call of Duty" is one of the most popular first-person shooter franchises on the market to date. "Call of Duty 3," which was released for all major gaming platforms with the exception of the PC, did not disappoint when it comes to a World War II shooter. It can be rather challenging at times, especially when you are playing online multiplayer mode against veteran players from all around the world.
Holding Your Breath
- Playing "Call of Duty 3" online as a sniper can be difficult. Not only does it require pinpoint accuracy and an extremely steady hand on your part, but your character's own breathing also needs to be controlled in order to make the most accurate shot. You can make your character hold his breath by simply pressing the "L3" button; this is achieved by pressing the left analog stick in. This method only lasts for a few seconds, but it will help steady your aim and increase your accuracy. This trick can be used on the PlayStation 2, PlayStation 3, Xbox and Xbox 360 versions of "Call of Duty 3."
- All guns operate differently in "Call of Duty 3," and some come equipped with scopes while others do not. If you have a gun that supports the use of a scope, you can use your binoculars instead. Simply switch to your binoculars and make sure your target is in the exact center of your view. Quickly switch back to your weapon and fire. As long as the target remains in the center of your view through the binoculars, you'll score a hit every time. Some weapons aren't necessarily meant for long-range combat, however, so just because you score a hit from far away doesn't always mean you'll gain a kill. This trick works on the PlayStation 2, PlayStation 3, Xbox, Xbox 360 and Wii versions of the game.
- Your character is typically only allowed to carry six grenades at a time, though there is a glitch that will allow you to carry more. If another soldier throws a grenade at you, you can pick it up and throw it right back, but you can also save it for later by pressing the "Minus" button twice on your Wii controller. This trick will only work on the Nintendo Wii version of "Call of Duty 3."
- Trophies are used to mark certain milestones in the PlayStation 3 version of "Call of Duty 3," while achievements are used in the Xbox 360 version of the game. There are a couple of hidden achievements for the Xbox 360 version of "Call of Duty 3," however, and once you find them you'll be able to show them off online to all of your friends. To gain the "Purple Heart" achievement, you must survive through 10 battles while suffering from tremendous wounds. To gain the "Big Air" achievement, you must jump a ramp using a jeep and gain a lot of hang-time before hitting the ground.