How To Connect an Xbox HD to a PC
- 1). Disconnect the power cord and all other cables from the Xbox. Disconnect the power cord from the PC.
- 2). Remove the hard drive from the Xbox compartment by releasing the tab on the compartment, opening the compartment, then pulling the hard drive out with a single and quick motion.
- 3). Bring the Xbox over to the computer and put it down on the floor next to it. Bring a television set next to the computer. Plug the video connector cable into the video output of the Xbox. Plug the other end of the video connector cable into the first video input of the television set.
- 4). Turn on the TV and change the channel to the first video input.
- 5). Open the computer case. Pull out the IDE internal power connector from an empty drive bay inside of the computer and attach it to the power slot on the back of the Xbox hard drive. Reach into the Xbox hard drive compartment and pull out the IDE internal data connector. Attach the IDE internal data connector to the data slot on the back of the Xbox hard drive.
- 6). Plug in the power cord to supply AC power to the Xbox. Plug in the power cord to supply AC power to the PC.
Hold down the 'Pause" key on the computer's keyboard and turn on the PC. Wait for the computer's operating system to pause the booting process.
- 7). Turn the Xbox on. Watch the Xbox boot up on the television screen. Wait as the Xbox sends the needed code to the hard drive to unlock it. Turn off the Xbox once the main menu appears. Remove the power cord and video connector cable from the XBox.
- 8). Turn off the PC. Remove the power cord from the PC. Remove the Xbox's IDE internal data connector from the hard drive. Plug in the IDE internal data connector from the empty drive bay into the data slot in the back of the hard drive. Put the hard drive into the empty drive bay. Close up the computer. Plug the power cord back into the PC and turn the computer on. Use the hard drive from the Xbox in the PC.