- 1). Remove the Dustbuster-brand vacuum from the charging station it is inserted in. Place a sheet of newspaper on a table.
- 2). Place the Dustbuster on the newspaper, with the nozzle end facing to the right. Grip the left side of the Dustbuster with the left hand. Press the release button on the Dustbuster's top with the right hand. Pull the front of the Dustbuster off with the right hand.
- 3). Empty the contaminants in the back section of the Dustbuster in the trash. Return the back section to the newspaper. Empty the contaminants in the front section in the trash. Return the front section to the newspaper. Pull the filter out of the back section, using your fingers.
- 4). Wash the filter beneath a stream of water in the kitchen sink, on both sides. Place the filter on the drying rack and let it dry overnight.
- 5). Insert the filter into the front section of the Dustbuster so that it occupies the same position that it did before. Line up the tab on the bottom of the front section with the bottom slot on the bottom of the back section. Place the two together. Apply pressure to the two so that the button pops back out.
- 6). Hold the nozzle at the front of the Dustbuster against the area that is to be vacuumed. Turn the power button to "On" to start the vacuuming. Move the nozzle back and forth against the area to remove the contaminants that are there. Turn the power button to "Off" when the contaminants are gone. Place the Dustbuster back in the charging station. Turn the power button to the "O" setting so the Dustbuster can recharge.