How to Install Dell Memory in a PC
- 1). Turn off your PC and disconnect the power cord.
- 2). Press the power button to release any electrical charge and ground the system.
- 3). Remove the side panel and find RAM slots connected to the system board.
- 4). Choose a slot and lift the latches on each end of it. If there is a RAM module already in place, lifting the latches will loosen it and allow you to slide it out.
- 5). Align the Dell RAM module with the slot and slide it in. When it is in place, the latches will lock down and secure it. Replace the side panel and reconnect the power cord.