Audio Engineer Schools in San Antonio, Texas
- Learn the art of recording and mixing from a Grammy-winning instructor.Miximg Board image by Jeffrey Zalesny from Fotolia.com
Aspiring audio engineers in San Antonio, Texas, have a single option for training: the Audio Engineering Institute in East San Antonio. The institute provides small classes, hands-on training and personal access to the instructor. The institute has graduated over 5,000 students, and graduates are enrolled in the school's apprenticeship program, providing them with valuable experience.
- The Audio Engineering Institute teaches students the technical aspects of audio engineering. Graduates have the skills to work in recording studios or as a mixer or engineer of live music. The curriculum comprises four courses; each three-hour class meets meets weekly for 10 weeks. Classes are split between lecture and lab.
- Students work with one instructor for the entirety of their enrollment. The instructor, Marius Perron III, is a Grammy-winning engineer and record producer whose credits include Michael W. Smith, Selena and Destiny's Child. Perron also taught at the University of Texas before joining the staff of the Audio Engineering Institute.
- Students have the opportunity to spend their first year after graduation in an apprentice program at the institute, gaining referrals for work in the engineering and mixing fields and networking for their careers in the music engineering field.
- Students may pay for courses one at a time or make a down payment, then pay weekly before each class session. No financial aid is offered, but the school accepts GI Bill benefits.