How to Attract Customers to Your Restaurant?
The following are a number of tips to attract customers to your restaurant:
1. Market Your Restaurant: There are a number of different things you can do to market your restaurant. You can market at nearby hotels, motels, and other accommodations. You can provide a discount coupon for hotel guests. Use local flyers and newspapers to advertise special discounts. Hand out restaurant menus in public places or though the mail. You can also sponsor different events such as sporting or charity functions. You can also enter your staff in a charity event. The publicity will be very beneficial. Holding contests such as the chance to win a meal or gift certificate will attract customers.
2. Food: The food you serve is a key element to attracting and keeping customers. Make your dishes unique and stand apart from the other restaurants. Quality at a reasonable price is essential. Because more people are embracing a healthy life, offer some healthy dishes. Try serving samples in public areas such as supermarkets. As well, hand out a menu flyer with the samples.
3. Staff: It is essential to hire vibrant, friendly, and hard working staff. They are on the front lines of the restaurant and reflect the restaurants vision. Customers will return to a restaurant that has great staff. Colors and decorations should be appealing.
4. Restaurant Atmosphere: Make sure your restaurant is warm and inviting. The restaurant should be clean, including the bathrooms. The temperature should be comfortable and the seating should be relaxing and comfy. A dirty table should be cleaned and reset quickly.
5. Special Deals: It is important to offer special deals regularly, even daily. This will keep the customers returning. You can even often free appetizers such as bread, chips, or finger foods. You can also have special such as a free meal on one's birthday.
6. Gift Certificates: A gift certificate is a great way to acquire new customers. They also make for great gifts for such holidays as Christmas. Make sure you have an expiry date on the certificate.
7. Customer Loyalty Programs: Loyalty programs are a great way to build a customer base. You can send out newsletters, special deals only for them, coupons, or a complimentary meal deal such as a buy 2 get 1 free meal. You can also send out a discount offer on a new menu item. Acquiring customer emails is a great way to keep in contact with them.
A restaurant's success depends on the volume of customers coming through its doors. It is important that you implement a plan that shows customers that their patronage is appreciated and valued. Actively promoting your restaurant will result in long term success.